logo
Stay updated with messages in video, audio and daily devotional from Dr. Mensa Otabil.

[June 27] SPIRITUAL RENEWAL


SPIRITUAL RENEWAL
And it shall come to pass afterward; That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh. Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams, Your young men shall see visions. And also on menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days. Joel. 2:28-29
Christianity is the divine remedy for man in his spiritual depravity. This process called salvation originated from God and is to restore man to a new life in the spirit and fellowship with Him. The new life in Christ is the basis for spiritual renewal. Spiritual renewal begins when man is prompted by the Spirit of God, brought under conviction, and made aware of the provision of salvation in Christ.
Who is the author of “that I will pour out my spirit”? The spiritual renewal is initiated by God as His promise. What is the extent “on all flesh"? In the old testament the spirit was for selected few, however the Prophet Joel proclaimed that it will break out and cover a wider audience beyond gender, age and status; the young, old, male, female, poor, rich, learned, unlearned.
The universal application of the spiritual renewal includes you today. What are the effects? "sons and daughters prophesy, old men dreams, young men vision." This indicates a moment of revelation, new discoveries, creativity, enlightenment, insight and awakening to spiritual things.
In the season of 40 Days of Power, your personal spiritual renewal should be a priority. Once you are spiritually renewed, all other areas of your life will also be renewed.
Jonn Wesley said, “Give me 100 men who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I will shake the world.” If we want revival, we must commit to the Lord: allow the spirit to cleanse our defilement, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. We will then be ready to receive what the Lord has prepared for us.
Prayer: Lord, pour out your Spirit on me, sanctify me and empower me to do greater works for your glory.

Scriptural Reading: Joel 2:28-29