logo
Stay updated with messages in video, audio and daily devotional from Dr. Mensa Otabil.

We Walk By Faith And Not By Sight 1

By Dr. Mensa Otabil

We Walk By Faith And Not By Sight 1

John 20:24–29 
Believe: 
  • To think something to be true 
  • To put trust in something 
  • To commit yourself  to something 

Thomas’ way
“Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”
  • Sight: I must see it 
  • Experience: I must touch it
  • Faith: Then I will believe it 


Jesus’ way
Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
  • Faith: You must believe it
  • Sight: Then you will see it 
  • Experience: Then you will touch it  

Thomas should have believed…
  • What the scriptures had prophesied about the Messiah 
  • What Christ foretold about His resurrection 
  • The testimony of those who had seen the risen Christ 

2 Corinthians 5:6–8 
  • You cannot be  both absent and present in the same place 
  • When faith walks in, sight walks out; when sight walks in, faith walks out 
  • To walk by faith, our eyes must be fixed on Jesus: Hebrews 12:1–2 


God bless you